Few Health Tips
1. Cleaning the face : One should wash face 5-6 times a day. This helps in cleaning of the dirt accumulated on the face and gives freshness.
2. Protecting eyesight :Close the eyes and sprinkle water on them about 10-15 times. Gently rub the eyelids and give a tender massage to the eye balls. Staying up late in the night and sleeping after sunrise is harmful for the eyes.
3. Drinking a glass of water : After this one should take a glass of water. This helps in the smooth passing of stool and urine. Make it a regular habit to drink 10-12 glass of water everyday. Warm water is especially good for regulating elimination and cleansing toxins from the physiology.
4. Cleaning teeth : The twig of neem or babool should be used for cleaning the teeth.
5 Scraping the tongue : Tongue should be scraped regularly otherwise it gives rise to foul smells. Scrapets made of copper, steel or plastic can be used.
6. Gargling : Til oil gargling is good for jaws, depth of voice and good taste for food. By doing this type of gargling one never gets cracked lips, bad odor, sore throat and toothache.
7. Bathing : Bath removes dirt, sweating and fatigue and brings freshness to the body. Before bath Til oil massage is very beneficial for skin and body.
8. Application of oil : One who applies Til oil on his head regularly does not suffer from headache, baldness or graying of hair. It is also beneficial for applications in nose and ears and makes the skin soft and smooth.
9. Exercise : Physical exercise and Yoga Asans bring lightness to the body, ability to work, stability and stimulate the power of digestion.
10. Hair and nails : The dressing and cutting of hair, mustaches, beard and nails of hand and feet, add cleanliness and beauty to one’s personality.
11. Food : Ayurveda recommends vegetarian foods which gives more nourishment to the body than the non-vegetarian foods. Simple food makes the body strong and discords diseases. Overeating may cause obesity and may invite diseases.