Mayo clinic says that constipation is also a kind of sharp abdominal pain. It occurs due to lack of water and fruits. And the diet without fiber also causes constipation. Emotional stress can also lead to constipation.
Women having gynecological disorders may also suffer from sharp abdominal pains. Pelvic inflammatory disease and inflammation in the fallopian tubes can cause severe abdominal pain. Other gynecological problems that can create sharp abdominal pain include ectopic pregnancy, premenstrual syndrome, endometriosis, ovarian cysts and abscesses of the Fallopian tubes or ovaries.
Nemours foundation remarks that infections can also give rise to abdominal pain. Food poisoning is a major element which occurs due to the bacterial and viral infections. It leads to diarrhea and vomiting. Urinary tract infections and bladder infections also give rise to abdominal pains.
Inflammation in the digestive organ can create sharp abdominal pain which is accepted by Nemours foundation. Gastritis can also create severe abdominal pain.
Irritations in the stomach, intestines and other internal organs of the abdomen can lead to severe abdominal pain. According to the Nemours foundation ulcers can irritate the lining of the stomach and causing sharp abdominal pain.
- Take clear water.
- Avoid solid food in the start. Then gradually start with soft food like rice, crackers. And do not take dairy products.
- If pain starts after meals then anti-acid may provide some relief. Avoid oily and greasy foods as well as spicy foods. H2 blockers can also provide relief.
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory medicines. If pain is not related liver then acetaminophen can be used.
For prevention of many types of abdominal pain:
- Avoid fatty or greasy foods.
- Drink a lot of water daily.
- Eat soft and mild foods.
- Exercise daily
- Do not eat food that produces gas.
- Eat plenty of food and vegetables.
For prevention of symptoms from heartburn:
- After eating, stay upright for at least 30 minutes.
- Rise the head of your bed.
- Finish eating at least 2 hours before you go to bed.
- Lose weight if you need to.
- Leave smoking.